maandag 9 juli 2012

Engage.


So I decided to start writing yet another blog. No, this is not my first attempt – I blogged while I was abroad on an Erasmus exchange program, and had to start a blog for school a couple of months ago. Both died silent deaths. Both were wildly unpopular, as I’m sure this one will be. I don’t intend on telling anyone about this blog, except maybe some of my most trusted friends (one of them actually gave me the idea for this). I hope that this time, I’ll keep it up and I’m definitely going to try to give this blog regular updates. I’ve said that before. I mean it this time. Okay, I’ve said that before, too. But it might actually be true this time around – this is the first blog I’ve started because I actually wanted to. This also will be my first real personal blog. Completely anonymous ofcourse, it’s already scary enough. 


English is not my native language, as I’m sure you’ll notice. But I want to practice, especially since I’m considering moving abroad to go find a job, and good knowledge of English – both spoken and written – appears to be a must. Since I’ve noticed my English spelling capacities have plummeted since high school, this might be a good way to get my written English to a decent level again. Do correct my mistakes if you feel like it.


So maybe, to get us started, I’ll just tell you something about myself, my dear imaginary reader. I’m a 22 year old girl from Belgium. I am writing this post at my internship. I should be working now, but it seems I am absolutely unable to concentrate on anything other than complete and utter bullshit today. Reading and writing are a huge part of who I am. I studied languages and journalism. I am terrifyingly close to graduation and I’m not quite sure what to do with my life. I am willing to try (and fail) a lot in order to find some kind of purpose though, so exciting shit is bound to happen – or so I hope.

N.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. One of them might be slacking off with their own blog, too :) I believe exciting shit will happen, especially if we go back to Russia sometime!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. We will! My first trip is probably going to be Ireland in september - after that, I propose Russia, somewhere in spring maybe!

      Verwijderen